- This event has passed.
Time travelling through the Qutub Complex”
September 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+5.5₹300
“होगी इस ढेर इमारत की कहानी कुछ तो
ढूँढ अल्फ़ाज़ के मलबे में मायनी कुछ तो” The defeat of Prithviraj Chauhan in the second battle of Tarain in 1192 AD, ushered the establishment of the Delhi Sultanate. The UNESCO World Heritage site of the Qutub Complex is a witness to the history since the times when the Qutub Minar was constructed by Qutubuddin Aibak to mark the victory of Mohammad of Ghor, to the Khiljis; Tughluqs; Mughals and much later to the British period as well.
Our walk leader, Aditya Pathak (@jashnhaizindagi ) will be discussing about its history, architectural significance and calligraphy. “Know more about our heritage Walk leader ”
( www.Adityapathak.net )
Places to be covered : ● Mughal Garden and a Mughal serai.
● Iron pillar
● Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque ● Iltutmish’s extensions
● Alauddin’s extensions
● Alai Minar
● Alai Darwaza
● Tomb of Imam Zamin
● Smith’s folly ● Sandersons sundial
Date & Time : 16th September, 2018/ Sunday / 9am to 12pm
Charges : ₹300 per person
Note: Since the venue is a ticketed monument, all participants are requested to bear the entry charges separately.
(Those carrying a video camera have to bear cost of it’s ticket.) Language : English /Hindi
Meeting Point : Ticket counter of Qutub Minar
● Nearest metro station is Saket/ Qutub Minar, on yellow line from where an auto or bus can be taken to reach venue.
● For those coming by their own conveyance parking is available at meeting point.
For any queries: 9818278665
Things to remember :
● Carry drinking water.
● Avoid carrying backpacks as these have to be deposited in the cloak room.