- This event has passed.
The Nirvana Trail – ‘Vihara
July 14 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am +09500INR
The Nirvana Trail – ‘Vihara‘ (‘experiential’ walking) across a lesser known ancient chapter in the story of Delhi!
In this unique tour we’ll walk in the spiritually charged neighborhood of Yoginipura, the modern day Mehrauli. We’ll experience the serene surroundings and the associated stories and amazing art work around. We’ll explore some lesser known places related to the Jain and Buddhist faiths and understand how these schools of thought brought about a ‘renaissance’ and “the first Indian rebellion” in early medieval times.
Together, we’ll visit a blessed sanctum of peace and harmony; take a tranquil trek among the greens and up a hillock to witness grand idols of an enlightened masters; listen to stories and historical trivia; and take a dip into our own Creativity and Zen with a healing and liberating activity under the sky 🙂
More Info related to the tour:
– Places covered: Dadabadi Temple + Asoka Mission (if open) + Ahinsa Sthal
– Date & Day: 14th July 2019, Sunday
– Walk Timings : 7:15 am to 10:00 am
– Meeting Time and location: Let’s gather at the Main gate near Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking, between 7:15am-7:25am
– Meeting Point Map Location: https://goo.gl/maps/
– Parking is available at the Qutub Minar Metro Station Parking Lot
– Charges : ₹500 per head
– Total Walking Distance: around 2.5 km (moderate terrain)
– For further queries reach out to Asif at 9818278665
Things to Note:
1. Footwear is required to be deposited at the gates before entering Dadabadi temple and Ahinsa Sthal
2: Leather goods, e.g. purse, wallet, belt, shoes, bags etc. are prohibited inside the Dadabadi temple and Ahinsa Sthal