- This event has passed.
Shaam e Hazrat Nizamuddin”-Heritage Walk at Nizamuddin Basti!
January 6 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm UTC+5.5Rs.300
Saal ki shurua’at Sufi buzurgo’n ki Dua’on ke saath …:)
Ek shaam kisse aur kahaaniyo’n ke naam at Dargah-e-Mehboob-i- Ilaahi ke naam…After we have meandered lanes where the mundane and mystical blend seamlessly…Where the living & breathing Sufi symphonies of music & spiritual healing teach us lessons of love, hope & co-existence…..
Where the shayari & music of Khwaja Amir Khusrau still resonates gently…where Qawwals mesmerise you with their soulful singing, as you murmur a silent prayer.….and where we share stories while you unravel the Heritage wonders of a bygone era…..Bas kuch aise hi hogi ek shaam Khawaja Nizamuddin ke saath !!
Delhi Karavan takes you to one of the most revered places of Dilli, a walk in the basti of Nizamuddin ending with musical notes of qawaals at the pious Nizamuddin Dargah is something one cant have enough of. We shall cover the follow places in our walk :
1. ‘Urs Mahal’ where all the Dargah’s (mausoleum of a holy man) annual festivities are held.
2. ‘Chausanth Khamba’ (64-Pillared hall) made entirely of white marble. The beautiful compound has been recently restored after many years of hard work and research by ASI, this is something which should not be given a miss!
3. Know more about the world-renowned Urdu/Persian Shayar (Poet) Mirza Ghalib, for whom history says that ‘he was a great poet, but an infamous one!’ and hear stories of another great Poet, but of another era, Amir Khusrau at their final resting places (graves).
4.Gaze upon the hidden gem of a well-preserved Mughal architecture, Atgah Khan’s tomb, tucked away in the narrow alleys of Nizamuddin Basti.
5. We then move to the 14th Century Baoli which caused the downfall of a city and its arrogant Sultan!
6. We end our visit at the Dargah of Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya, where lies the Mazaar-e-Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya and Mazaar-e-Hazrat Amir Khusrau (Tombs of the revered Khwaja and his disciple Khusrau) and numerous other unknown graves, and which forms the backdrop for Sufi musical performances by famous Qawaals (Singers of mystic Sufi verses) who sing Qawwalis in praise of the Holy Saint and the Almighty.
Note:Our discussion will be done in Zabaan-e-Dehli (Urdu/Hindi ONLY)
DAY/DATE: Saturday, 6 Jan , 2018 3:00PM-6:00PM
MEETING POINT: Near Police Station, Opposite
Humayun’s Tomb, Mathura Road (In case of any problems call us at 9818278665
BEST WAY TO REACH: Take the Metro till Jor Bagh on the Yellow Line (Gurgaon-Jahangirpuri Track) & then take an Autorickshaw (INR 60) via Lodi Road to the Humayun’s Tomb roundabout.
ESSENTIALS TO WEAR & CARRY:
1- All participants should carry something to cover their heads, so be it dupattas, scarves, handkerchiefs etc for the entry to Dargah.
2- Dress conservatively to respect religious sentiments of the people in the area
2- Do wear a good pair of walking shoes or flip-flops.
3- A bottle of drinking water.